Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stone Age - The Verdict!

As I said in my last post, on our visit to Salzburg last week I purchased the game, Stone Age. Richard who was with us had said that it was a very good worker placement game. Well, I like the mechanic of worker placement so bought a copy. And I must say that I haven't been disappointed. The production quality of the game is excellent, all the components are top quality and the board and player boards are very in keeping with the theme with excellent graphics.

I won't go into the game in too much depth here as I expect a lot of you have played it but suffice to say it is a very clean design and everything falls into place very easily. Tina and I played 3 games over the last week and enjoyed them very much. Tina picked up on the rules very quickly and our games were very competitive. In the end I won 2 and Tina won 1. I also play online at Yucata.de and they have Stone Age. I played a 2 player game and won! The implementation on Yucata is also very good.

Players who also own maybe Caylus or Pillars of the Earth (like me) may hesitate to get another worker placement game but in my opinion this one is very well worth adding to your collection.....

Happy Gaming!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home